Google+ Facebook Twitter MySpace SC

Sunday, October 21, 2012

SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP miniSAP - installation


SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP miniSAP - installation

It ‘s been 5 years that I’m using miniSAP based on basis version 4.6. I obtained it as a CD included in ABAP Objects: Introduction to Programming SAP Applications book.
At that point of time it was extremely useful for me to have such a nice playground to try my first ABAP codes and getting into basis module. I ran it on my notebook so I was able to play with it in time that I could not use more effectively like on airports, in trains and etc. After years passed and SAP introduced first version of WAS it was 6.10 I tried to install it to my laptop as miniSAP as well.
But version like 6.10 and 6.20 I didn’t find very useful and due to the fact that I had a high volume of my ABAP codes running in 4.6 I stayed with this version. Anyway the new functionally like more OO oriented ABAP, BSP, webdynpro and other new featured of WAS forced me to taka a look on the newest WAS version 7.10. On the download section of SDN they released SAP NetWeaver 2004s ABAP miniSAP on approximately early of autumn of 2006. Because I’m interesting in ABAP stack of SAP NetWeaver Application Server I’ve downloaded Full ABAP Edition-Trial (with Web Dynpro for ABAP).


If you plan to install it please reserve at least 4 hours to do this. The time depends on you hardware. SAP recommends using computer with 1GB of RAM and during the installation you need to have at least 21GB on your hard drive. Later on database size will be about 8.8GB on drive. Please consider that database size will be growing very fast while you will be working with the system. Every transaction you getting in generate compiled version of objects and this activity eats space rapidly. Therefore I do not recommend installing other languages into system again because of database size. If I remember clearly my miniSAP 4.6 had 2GB size in database level. After 5 years using it had 4 GB size of database. MiniSAP NW 2004s has 8.8GB after installation. It is really impressive. One thins is that BW 7.0 is included in this version of miniSAP as well. On other hand basis module from 6.4 to 7.0 got as lot of new functionally and SAP changed database system as well. On 6.4 it was MS SQL Server now it is MaxDB.
So within the next screenshots is described installation procedure:
1. Once you run setup you need to accept license agreement:


2. You choose installation folder and master password:




3. So we are ready to go!


4. Couple of screens when installation goes during the installations stages:














5. Done!
6. Here’s SAP Management console:
7. First logon:
If you are interesting in running of SAP BW. You need to login to 001 client as SAP* create your own user in SU01 transaction and log in with your own user. Then run Administration workbench of BW (RSA1) and create and assign of logical system to your client, replicate DataSources form its own BW system.
8. So RSA1 here it comes:
P.S. In this version BW comes with no Business Content (BCT). I’m wondering if someone was able to install BCT to this miniSAP

10 comments: